Sunday, April 4, 2010


The shadows stretched down the long, dirt road,
And the grass blew in the breeze.
The arch of leaves rustled overhead,
But it did not shake the trees.
Once in time I had taken steps,
Afraid to be alone,
But alas, I had had to move on,
Over the years as I'd grown.
I now turned around to face the path
That I had left behind.
Beautiful, yes, and full of life,
But of a different kind.
Temporary and simply "there"
Was how it most often had seemed,
But now vibrantly colored,
And blissfully lit by the sun that so faithfully gleamed.
Birds sang melodies I had never before heard.
There grew flowers I had never once seen.
It smelled the way a new rain does,
So crisply fresh and clean.
Then I realized I wasn't alone--
That you were with me too,
And only since you had crossed my path
Had I seen a different view.
Years lie in wait with experiences to be had,
And days that will pass quickly and go,
But, forever in time, I'll remember this path
Because of this person I know.

No comments: