Saturday, September 11, 2010

A surprise visit



After a rough week I was talking to a friend of mine and telling him, through some tears here and there, my problems and stresses and how much I missed home. He told me he wanted to come visit. I asked when. It took him a few minutes to reply but he said "I'm on my way now." About 4 hours later he showed up at my door and gave me the biggest hug. He had driven the 4 hour drive from home simply to make me smile.
This last weekend has been one of the best I can remember in a long time. He came up here and made me feel like the world. I feel so blessed.



We hiked to the pillars...

The view was amazing!!
We hiked back up to the pillars at 2am...


He took me over to the Performing Arts Center. The doors were locked, but we got lucky and the man working maintanance let us in so that Alex could give me a personal tour. The hall was absolutely breath taking!!! So incredible!
It's been a fantastic weekend!!

No comments: