Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Savior of love

“And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!” D&C 76:22

Happy Easter! :)

When you take away the festivities of the holiday, everything is re-centered.  For me, it was a plain day. The same as any other Sunday, but it reminded me that Christ’s love and sacrifice is something that should be celebrated in our hearts every day.

I know without a doubt that my Savior has loved me from the beginning. I know he loves me now. He was born in the most humble of circumstances, and lived a mortal life, more glorious than any other that’s ever graced the earth. He had friends and he had great enemies. As the scriptures say, “he went about doing good.” He took all the sins of the world upon himself, willingly. He suffered uncomprehensible pain for me. Yet, I know without a doubt, he would do it again. For me. I know he died, but I know he lives!

He_is_risen_zoom

I sometimes wish I could have been present to witness his miracles. The blind he healed, and the hearts he mended. I wish I could have seen the lives he raised from the dead and the lame he helped walk. But when I look at my own life I realize I have witnessed all those miracles over and over again. He’s opened my eyes when I was blind. He’s healed my soul from heartache and pain. He’s helped me take steps that I never could have taken without his help, and he’s restored my life from a spiritual “death” of flaws and unperfection. He’s worked his miracles on me.

I love my Savior and his unyielding love. He offers it so willingly, and he extends it so freely. Even in my greatest moments, I will never be fully deserving of His sacrifice for me, but I hope someday I can fall at his feet and know I’ve given my life to   him. 

 olsen-forgiven

 

**Disclaimer- Beautiful artwork is the work of Greg Olsen. :)

No comments: