Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Recap of the summer...thus far...

I've been so bad at blogging this summer!!! One thing about the summer is it comes quickly, and leaves even faster. Here are some of the very many pics I've taken with my little sister this summer. :) Now for a recap...







































Towards the beginning of the summer, my cousin Brooke came and visited for the weekend!! :) Good times, good times.















I've done quite a bit of shopping over the course of the summer...or window shopping, at least....



























Porter was baptized....

I've looked for a job...

I've not found a job, and am VERY happily volunteering at a near-by retirement home a few times a week. I'm getting to know the residents there and LOVE the opportunity as a whole. I get to do everything from visit with the residents, play ball with them, paint fingernails, play bingo, go on walks, read poetry with them on the back patio and contemplate life, you name it! Thats one of my favorite things of the entire summer, for sure! :) I always come away with so much more than I have contributed.

I've gone to movies with friends...Transformers and Harry Potter 6 MIDNIGHT SHOWINGS!!! :D That was a blast. Other movies I've seen and enjoyed over the summer were: Monsters vs. Aliens, Knowing, Race to Witch Mountain, WOLVERINE, Fast and Furious, Star Trek :), Angels and Demons...I think that may cover most of them....


I've babysat...


I've contemplated and thought...

I've drawn...

I've swung on the swings...

I've dug up lots and LOTS of weeds...ENDLESS WEEDS!!!

I've gone to the library...

I've spent hours at the piano...

I've checked my facebook...

I've laughed and I've cried...

...possibly more than anything else, I've thanked the Lord for the amazing, wonderful, always caring friends that, yet again, I know he has given me.

No comments: