Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Laurels Camp to kick it off...Girls Camp to bring it home

Girls camp, girls camp, girls camp! And Laurels camp! Laurels camp was something new for me. Until I moved to Idaho I had never heard of such a thing. Basically, it's a special girls camp directed and held simply for the laurels. Monday was spent setting up camp and cleaning out cabins for when the younger girls would get there on Wednesday, but Tuesday was amazing. We had firesides back to back from 10 am that morning till 10pm that night. Though it was very, very difficult to sit still for that long, the spirit was so strong, and the messages so sweet and pure, and uplifting and inspiring, it was SOOOO worth it! We were all on such a spiritual high, and it lasted all through the rest of camp. :)

Me and my friend Katie :) Love the girl to death!



While we were cleaning out the cabins, we found a huge rat nest in the corner (old dead rat included) and the priesthood were called upon to come take it away. See the joy on their faces!! Lol, lets just say they were NOT thrilled about that one. ;)
While my friend, Ashley, and I were getting ready to certify for CPR down at the pool, we found an awesome mask that we were CONVINCED was just crawling with bird flu ;) Do you like our mask?



That night our ward got all painted up and we did Indian dances around the campfire. We
roasted marshmallows and starbursts (yum yum!!) and pretty much partied.
This is my Texas buddy, Steph




All us girls being crazy!











Stacie and I demonstrating what NOT to do with knives....










...and how to build a very sufficient bed roll. :)




And last but not least, here is my tiny little friend that I found hiding in our cabin, and I immediately loved him. We named him Plimpton!
**DISCLAIMER: Much to some disbelief, Plimpton is not my prince, and I did not/would not kiss him. Cute as he may be...I'm not ready for my prince just yet. ;)













No comments: