Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A TRUE joy

One of my best friends just left on his mission to the Dominican Republic. I already miss him and it's harldy been 24 hours, but I'm so excited for him to be able to go teach the gospel and share the love of God with the people he will meet. In a way, I wish it was me going and doing that; I love the feeling you get when you see the look on those people's faces. But he will be an amazing missionary, I know he will! And more importantly, I know why he is going.
Lately I've tried a little bit harder to come a little bit closer to the Lord. It's been my strongest desire, and while up at girl's camp I started my long journey. I know that no matter what, the Lord loves me. He didn't die for us, he died for me; he died for you. Even after all the pain He suffered in Gethsemane, He would do it again for me. I wish every one in the world could feel the power of that truth. I know that he hears prayers, he hears thoughts and feelings...he hears my heart...because he is always right there, listening. He is so in tune to me. And not only does he hear, he responds!! He answers, he blesses, he leads, he guides, he prods, he motivates, he loves. No matter what, he loves. He has given us every thing needed to find happiness, not only in the large picture, but day by day, moment by moment.
I can't wait for my dear friend to bless the dear, beloved children of the Dominican Republic. I feel a love for those people....even though I don't know them...at all. I love my friend that's so excited to go share the joy with them. I love my Savior for all he does, for the directions he has led my life, and the opportunities and love he has filled it with. Life is a miracle.

No comments: