Tuesday, January 4, 2011

365 ways-#1, #2, #3, #4

365 Tender mercies of the Lord…

(Days 1, 2 & 3 are to cover the first days of the year that I missed…)

1- The Lord has blessed me with the opportunity to be an example and influence on those younger than I am. It’s a humbling experience when younger people come to you for advice and comfort, and count you among their best friends. He knew it would be a growing experience for me.

2- On Sunday I was able to sit in during Primary. As I sang primary songs and looked around at all the young, innocent children with such strong testimonies and faith, I was humbled and my testimony bloomed, yet again. 

3- I had the privilege of spending the day sitting around the kitchen, talking, cooking, and visiting with my family and best friend. As we learned together, laughed together, and bonded together, I realized that really is what it’s all about—being surrounded by those you love and those that love you. I’m glad I had that opportunity. 

4- I sat in on a set of cello and violin lessons today for younger siblings. It reminded me of the years upon years of music lessons that I attended since the time I was 4. Because of such a strong emphasis of music in my life, it is now engrained in me. I’m so, so grateful that music is part of who I am and the way that it has defined me.

No comments: