A Sunday afternoon. The sun is shining through the blinds in the living room. One cat laying at my side, while the other lays with my husband in bed. (He didn't get a whole lot of rest last night..!)
I think about church this morning at my parents' ward. We sat with my family and sang with them in their special musical number (possibly the last one as a family before Skyler leaves on his mission!).
Down the row, sat Skyler. We are all anxiously waiting for his mission call to arrive any day now. It makes the next two years seem real. As a kid, it never felt like it would come-- like it would be real and happening some day, even though we all knew it would. Our brother-sister, best-friend relationship has grown in leaps and bounds over the last 12 years...I'm so grateful we are the friends we are. I'm so proud of him, which only induces tears even more.
Time goes fast. Life is short. It makes me think of my dear, dear friend in Arizona. We've been steady pen pals for 9 years and counting. She's aged (9 whole years!) and been worse for ware at times, but has always managed to pull through. There's nothing like knowing one of your dearest friends (and pen pal), states away, could leave this earth at any time. I've often contemplated how I gotten here. How an 8 year old child wound up so attached to the elderly stranger across the street. Enough to be the truest meaning of friends...
And then back to my husband. The one who will work 6 days a week this week, open to close, as he does every week, just so I can have a few days off to be a wife, and homemaker. Such a blessing he is to me. In just over a month it will be one year. One year marking our marriage and the beginning to a whole new set of adventures. What a fast and growth filled year it has been! So many changed, both small and ginormous; inside, outside, and in between our marriage! The Lord has blessed us so immensely, and continues to do so. Life is a beautiful thing. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment