Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lessons of an hour glass

I sit here, in the dark. It's late, the moon is out, the stars are shining....I'm alone. But I don't feel alone. I feel my Heavenly Father's arms around me. It's a wonderful feeling. :)

I feel like my life has been one gigantic pool of reflection the last few weeks. Like a calm right before a change...a HUGE change! ...Unknown to me still...but I feel it not too far ahead...and I'm okay with that. I've spent my entire life fighting change with every breath in me...sometimes it's okay to just take it with a sigh and a smile. I hope I can do that when it comes...whenever it comes, and whatever it is!


There's an hour glass sitting on my desk...I was thinking about it. About every small grain of sand it contains. Sometimes I even think about what it would be like to BE one of those small grains of sand. And then I remember the scripture about God numbering every single grain of sand. He's numbered the grains in my hour glass of life. I marvel at how the grains on top don't seem to move when the hour glass is first tipped. The ones at the bottom fall with, what seems like, great haste. Some days fall fast. Some barely slip by...others wait patiently for their turn to come and go. Together they make a life. Without a day, it wouldn't be the same. Take away a few days-- a few grains-- and our beloved hour glass wouldn't be the same. Each day makes a difference, and each difference we make in our lives matters. Life is made up of moments-- individual days-- and not just giant chunks of time. If we sit waiting for huge things, we'll miss the small ones that make life what it is. Time is gonna slip by whether we like it or not; don't let it slip by without your notice.

No comments: