Saturday, March 28, 2009

Let it shine!

This evening I got the wondrous opportunity to go to the Young Women General Broadcast, directly followed by a stake fireside by Kenneth Cope. There are those moments in my life when I feel the need for a spiritual boost, but don't know what I need to change in order to recieve it. The fireside was amazing! The Spirit was so strong, and the message so simple-- 'God loves you and nothing you can do will change that.' My favorite message was about bodies and glory. God has glory-- a glory so immence that it shines brighter than the sun--angels have glory, yet they can choose to let their bodies hide their glory so that they might discreetly walk among men. I have a spirit that has glory, but it's up to me to realize that glory and not let it be hidden by my body. I must choose to let it shine!!!! I walked away from that fireside filled with exactly what I needed to hear, and even more importantly, exactly what i needed to feel.

1 comment:

Kndbbdjk said...

I loved the fireside too! I miss you Ashley! Love you!